Do you have a favorite film adaptation of Sense and Sensibility? At our April 12 meeting we'll be watching and comparing scenes from four adaptations. The adaptations were made in 1971 (BBC), 1981 (BBC), 1995 (Columbia Pictures) and 2008 (BBC). We'll watch as many of the following scenes as time permits:
- The Dashwood's decision to help the Dashwood girls (Chapter 2)
- Marianne meets Willoughby (Chapter 9)
- The introduction of the Steele sisters (Chapter 21)
- Marianne and Willoughby meet in London (Chapter 28)
- Willoughby goes to Cleveland (Chapter 44)
- The announcement of Mr. Ferrar's marriage (Chapter 47)
- Edward proposes (Chapters 48-49)
Also at this meeting we'll be voting on a proposed change to the JASNA-Idaho bylaws. The amendment was emailed to members in March.
The meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 12, 2011, at 7:00 p .m. at the Cole-Ustick Library in Boise. Please call Carole Stokes (208) 344-5037 for more information.